The EDIT Platform for Cybertaxonomy is a collection of open source tools and services which together cover all aspects of the workflow of the workflow in biology for describing, classifying and naming groups of organisms. The workflow is grouped into the following areas: taxonomic editing; publishing of edited data; data storage and exchange; collections and specimens; descriptions; fieldwork; literature; and geography. At the heart of the Cybertaxonomy platform is the Common Data Model (CDM), a repository for every conceivable type of data produced by taxonomists in the course of their work, and the backend for most EDIT components.
Platform based Portals and Infrastructures
Reference projects using the EDIT Platform: https://cybertaxonomy.eu/references
Main Platform Components
To try out our software you can install the TaxEditor, a desktop application, and connect it to one of our demo databases.
Instructions regarding installation, setup and using the TaxEditor can be found on our wiki page (https://dev.e-taxonomy.eu/redmine/projects/edit/wiki/PlatformDocumentation) which provides access to the following general documentation on the TaxEditor:
- User manual part 1: TaxEditor installation and updates: Manual-EDIT-Platform-01-INSTALL.pdf
- User manual part 2: On accessing the demo servers Manual-EDIT-Platform-02-DEMO.pdf
- User manual part 3: Introduction to the TaxEditor: Manual-EDIT-Platform-03-TaxEditor-Intro-v1.01.pdf
- User manual part 4: Using the TaxEditor: Manual-EDIT-Platform-v.1.19b.pdf
- User manual part 5: TaxEditor - Structured descriptions & descriptive datasets: Manual-EDIT-Platform-04-StructuredDescriptions-v1.0.pdf
Please get in touch with us if you have any problems or questions: EditSupport@bgbm.org